Schoolyard Stories is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
How do we collect Personal Data?
We only collect information directly from you or your school or that you have provided to us, for instance, when you enter your details online, when you email or fax in orders or over the phone when further information is required.
What types of Personal Data do we collect?
The type of Personal Data that we may collect includes information necessary for our legitimate business interests and for the provision of our Services to you. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things):
- Information collected over the website may include:
- your first and last name;
- name of your organisation;
- your position within organisation;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- details of recipes, stories or poems currently or previously submitted to Schoolyard Stories;
- Names of students;
- Student emails;
- Names of parents/guardians;
- Parent/guardian emails; and
- information reasonably related to providing products and services,
If you choose not to provide Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products you require. We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Data we collect to only that to which you consent.
How we may use your Personal Data
Your information may be used to (amongst other things):
- provide services or products you request;
- identify you and assist you in accessing and utilizing our website;
- administer all submissions (stories, artwork, recipes etc) and compile publications;
- communicate with you;
- notify you of information relevant to your school;
- online ordering;
- link parent/guardian with students for purposes of ordering personalised publications such as personalised covers or portfolio.
- deliver goods to you;
- respond to any queries you may have;
- develop an online customer profile;
- inform you of products, services, and offers which you may find interesting,
- understand general customer trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services; and
- for security, administrative and legal purposes.
Use of Personal Data
Schoolyard Stories will only use the Personal Data you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it. Schoolyard Stories will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
Preservation and disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following organisations outside Schoolyard Stories for the following reasons:
- Our printers who package, address and send you your books; and
- Other companies that work for us where required.
No sale of Personal Data
Under no circumstances will Schoolyard Stories sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your Personal Data.
Accuracy of the information
Schoolyard Stories aims to ensure accuracy of customer information and Personal Data. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you let us know if there are any errors in your Personal Data and advise us of changes to your Personal Data.
What security measures are in place to protect my Personal Data?
Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we collect online. While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you provide us, we will endeavor to continue to maintain these security measures over time.