Helping to support and improve literacy is one of Schoolyard Stories’ desired outcomes . Below are some useful links and literacy resources to help you and your children/students with their reading and writing skills.
- Fundraising Mums provides practical reviews and helpful ideas when fundraising for schools
- Seven Steps to Writing Success is one of the most successful writing programs at Australian schools.
- Australian Teacher Magazine is a source of news and information relevant for educators.
- The Book Chook offers practical advice and resources for parents and teachers.
- The Fun With Learning Blog has an abundance of literacy resource and information for teachers and parents.
- Scholastic Stack provides online educational games for preschoolers.
- ABC Kids website is a source of online games and activities for younger learners.
- BBC CBeebies provides fun, online, learning games for primary school aged children.
- Skwirk provides teachers and students with online educational resources for the Australian curriculum.
- Planning with Kids is useful for all parents, with handy advice on almost anything you can think of.